Saturday, January 10, 2015

Can someone please give me 3 quotes that shows Nick from The Great Gatsby is a unreliable narrator?

At the beginning of ,says that because of his father's
advice,

I'm inclined to reserve all judgments, a habit
that has opened up many curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran
bores.

We soon learn that it is simply untrue that Nick
is inclined to reserve judgments, since he quickly offers us a series of judgments aboutand goes
on to judge most of the majorin the book, including people like , whom he is meeting for the
first time (and with whom he has an affair, despite his disparaging comments). Nick's judgments
are highly unreliable and subject to immediate revision.describes an entirely fictitious
background of great opulence:

I lived like a young rajah
in all the capitals of EuropeParis, Venice, Romecollecting jewels, chiefly rubies, hunting big
game, painting a little, things for myself only, and trying to forget something very sad that
had happened to me long ago.

Nick correctly judges this
to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...