Thursday, August 27, 2015

Is the ending in "Araby" open or closed?

The
narrator conflates his religious/spiritual side with his romantic affection for Mangan's sister.
With this combination, his ideas about her and his role rise to idealistic heights. He allows
himself to get caught up in this increasingly majestic world of himself as a knight seeking
treasure for the object of his affection: 

Her name sprang
to my lips at moments in strange prayers and praises which I myself did not understand. My eyes
were often full of tears (I could not tell why) and at times a flood from my heart seemed to
pour itself out into my bosom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...