Friday, October 26, 2018

Who is your favorite poet? List a favorite poem by him/her and explain why you love it. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. Her life is...

Although
my favorite poem of all time is Shakespeare's "Sonnet 116":


"Let me not to the marriage of true minds


Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration
finds..." (1-3)

My tastes usually run more modern,
and I find myself drawn to reading collections.  I really love Kelly Cherry's collections
God's Loud Hand or Relativity and Adrienne Rich's
Diving into the Wreck; both collections include poems with strongand really
vivid, crisp .  I just have always appreciated the perspective and insight a strong female
poet's voice can bring.  I was actually able to meet Kelly Cherry at a Women's Conference one
time at my university, and listening to her read her poems aloud completely inspired my younger
undergraduate self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...