Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What are 3 quotes from The Catcher in the Rye that suggest Holden has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?

One would
be:

What I was really hanging around for, I was trying ...
to feel some kind of good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was
leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave
a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse. (1.8)


In here he is trying to make a connection with others, but his PTSD
makes him fear making connections, and leads him to describe his feeling as "hatred"
when in fact it is fear.

Another good one is:


Then I went over and laid down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...