Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Readers' Emotional Response to the fictional work The Lovely Bones Hello, I'm writing a dissertation as part of Master's in Engligh Studies. I am...

Let me
chime in with some tidbits in reference to your question starters...


*Favorite moments: I loved the section about the photograph of Suzie's mother... how
she could tell from that facial expression that her mother was really a different person than
she thought she knew. The writing in that passage was just so touching and described a complex
situation in a nuanced way. I also liked the end--it was satisfying in an unexpected
way.

*Emotional/powerful: The initial rape scene is just so terrifying and
disgusting. I read the first chapter nonchalantly in a bookstore and it led me to purchase and
devour the novel. My hatred (which was eventually laced with a weak...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...