Tuesday, January 17, 2017

How does Charles Dickens show the importance of family in a Christmas carol?

The theme
of family is a significant one in "," and the author's overall message is that in
order to live a happy life you must take care of and embrace your family. You must have a happy
home-life. 

Toward the beginning of the story Scrooge's adult nephew, Fred,
invites him over for Christmas dinner and Scrooge does everything but shove him out the
door.

I want nothing from you; I ask nothing of you; why
cannot we be friends?

Good afternoon, said Scrooge.

I
am sorry, with all my heart, to find you so resolute. We have never had any quarrel, to which I
have been a party. But I have made the trial in homage to Christmas, and Ill keep my Christmas
humour to the last. So A Merry Christmas, uncle!

Good afternoon! said
Scrooge. (Stave One)

 

It is obvious
they are not close, but it is also obvious that this is Scrooge's fault and not Fred's. Scrooge
could be a part of Fred's family and have a closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...