Tuesday, September 25, 2018

What are your major concern about computer crime and privacy on the Internet. Explain. What are your major concern about computer crime and...

Like just about
everyone else that posted, my main fear is for my personal information and having that be stolen
in order for someone else to purchase things and use my information for their gain.  We become
so quickly and deeply dependent on this stuff in order to carry on our daily lives that we don't
think twice until something horrible happens.

The second is what would happen
in the event of a massive crash of the system.  I was in an area of PA that has a large Amish
population recently and I thought with some jealousy that their communities would be largely
unaffected because they haven't made themselves so dependent on technology to get by.  This is
another thing to consider that I think most people have given zero thought to.  What would I do
if cell phones go down?  If I am paying all my bills online, what would happen if the internet
had a real serious attack on it and was not working properly for a month?

I
think these are questions that won't get answered until they happen and that will be far too
late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...