Thursday, September 5, 2019

In his soliloquy in Act II, Scene 2, O what a rogue and peasant slave am I, what are Hamlet's specific accusations about himself? William...

In thisof
,reveals his flaw of hesitation.  He
berates himself for not being more passionate in nature
after noticing how an
actor can generate more intense feeling on a stage than he can seem to

do.

...What would he do,
Had he the
motive and
the cue for passion
That I have? He would drown the
stage with tears
And
cleave the general ear with horrid speech;

Make mad the guilty and appal the free,

Confound the
ignorant, and amaze indeed
The very faculties of eyes and

ears.(2.2.516-522)

berates himself for
lacking
courage,

Yet I,(560) />A dull and muddy-mettled
rascal, peak
Like John-a-dreams,
unpregnant of my cause


And, he wonders
if he is a coward since he cannot work up enough passion,



And can say nothing; no, not for a king


....Am I
a coward? (2.2.537-538)


As he does repeatedly, Hamlet
urges himself to take action--"About
my brain"; he berates himself,


O,
vengeance!
Why, what an ass am I! This is most brave,
/>That I, the son of a dear father murder'd,
Prompted to
my...





/>

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...