Sunday, February 26, 2012

What is the definition of studying literature? What is the definition of studying literature?

I think there
is an important distinction between reading for pleasure and studying literature.  I can be very
intellectually engaged in reading very challenging novels, but I am still only reading unless I
consciously stop to analyze what an author is doing and why, and
consider how those literary choices by the author were made and
how they contribute to the meaning of the work as a whole. If I am not
actively thinking about these topics, I not studying, I am just reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...