Sunday, December 20, 2015

What do you think of this, opinions please? Truth? I wonder if the torch will help me, If it will ever guide me, I wonder if it can show me the...

I'm
certainly not a poetry expert either, but I agree with the previous poster and have a few
observations of my own.

I think you do have a poetic sensibility, as you
include some more subtle elements without overusing them--such asin "Mystery always
misguides me." (This is my favorite line, by the way--and I'd like it more if you left out
always, which is a little hyperbolic and really not necessary to your interesting
meaning.)

I thought you were off to a great metaphorical start with the idea
of a torch--but then you just kept moving.  I'm thinking truth as a torch, and am mentally
preparing for some comparisons.  Of course they never come.  Perhaps that's because it's not a
particularly apt , perhaps that's because it's forgotten in the mix of all the other
images...I'm not sure. 

One thing I do try to encourage any poetry writers
to do is to use their punctuation effectively.  Not all poetry utilizes punctuation, of course,
and nothing says it should.  If...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...