Friday, March 4, 2016

What does the music this current generation listen to and what does it say about us? Music

You know,
when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, we really only had one style to wear.  Whatever was in
style is what we wore.  I'm sure there were people on the fringes and edges who flaunted the
norm and chose their own styles, but in my world we were all kind of stuck in the same rut.  I
just don't think that's true today.  There are clearly some trends, but it's much more okay to
do your own thing and wear what you like.  I feel as if it's kind of the same with music.  We
had a few kinds of music which were popular but we kind of just picked one and went with it.  (I
know I'm not the only one, because when I visit with contemporaries, we narrow our music choices
to popular, rock, or hard rock--and that's it, every time.)  Today, their music choices are as
eclectic as their style opportunities.  What that reflects, I think, is the diversity of this
generation.  The ipod has made it easy to be diverse, since they can purchase a song or two from
all kinds of genres and artists without committing to a complete album...or eight track...or
cassette...or CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...