Monday, October 26, 2015

what novels are required to read in grade 11 English? I want to start ahead this summer. Can some experts tell me what books do i need to read in...

I agree
with all the above.  The choices, though, are endless, and I have no idea what you might already
have read.  I'll add my recommendations to your list; this is a partial list of works that
probably should have been read sometime between 8th or 9th grade and the end of your junior
year:

Animal Farm

The Old
Man and the Sea

The Pearl


Lord of the Flies

The
Odyssey

The Scarlet Letter


To Kill a Mockingbird

The Great
Gatsby

A Tale of Two Cities


The Grapes of Wrath


Beowulf

Jane Eyre or
Pride and Prejudice

The characters in these works are
some of my favorites.  Happy reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...