Friday, February 16, 2018

Where in The Strangerdoes Meursault say he doesn't care or it doesnt make a difference to him? Where meursault shows or says he doesn't care about...

In Chapter II
of , Meursault says:

I remembered it
was a Sunday, and that put me off; Ive never cared for
Sundays.

In Chapter III, Meursault is
prompted by Raymond to write a letter that may be used to lure his Arab (Moor) girlfriend back
to him.  Meursault responds:

I kept silence and he said it
again. I didnt care one way or the other, but as he seemed so set
on it, I nodded and said, Yes.

In Chapter V, when asked
by his boss if he'd prefer moving to Paris for a job promotion, Meursault responds:


I told him I was quite prepared to go; but really I
didnt care much one way or the other.

In
Part II, Chapter II, Mersault finally starts to reflect on his life once in prison.  He
says:

THERE are some things of which Ive
never cared to talk.
And, a few days after Id been sent to prison, I decided that
this phase of my life was one of them.

Later, in Part II,
Chapter V, Meursault reflects on death:

And, on a wide
view, I could see that it makes little difference
whether...

style="width: 97%">

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...