Friday, August 23, 2019

In The Lovely Bones, what characteristics does Susie Salmon have?

Of course, what is
fascinating about this novel is that the centralis actually dead and looking down on the action
from her heaven. However, we can tell from the way that she is introduced, that although she
spends much of the time observing and narrating the action of her family and others, Susie is
someone that likes to think of her self as a non-conformist. Consider her introduction to
herself that she gives us at the beginning of this excellent novel:


In my Junior High yearbook I had a quote from a Spanish poet my sister had turned me
on to, Juan Ramon Jimenez. It went like this: "If they give you ruled paper, write the
other way." I chose it both...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...