Monday, June 6, 2016

Is "My grave is like to be my wedding bed" (1.5.153) an example of imagery in Romeo and Juliet? I am doing an imagery project and I want to know if...

Act 1, scene 5 of Shakespeare's takes place at a banquet at the
Capulets' home.has just met . They hold hands, chat for a moment, and, fifteen lines later, they
kiss. Three lines later, they kiss again.

The Nurse comes to retrieve Juliet
for her mother, Juliet goes to her mother, and the Romeo-and-Juliet moment ends.


It's a remarkably short scene between them, particularly considering the importance of
that moment to the rest of the play and to the fate of those two characters.


Shortly after Romeo and Juliet part, the banquet ends. The guests are leaving when
Juliet realizes that she doesn't know the name of the young man with whom she's fallen madly in
love at first sight. In fact, she doesn't know anything at all about him.


Juliet sends the Nurse to find out who Romeo is.


JULIET: What's he that follows there, that would not dance?

NURSE: I
know not.

JULIET: Go ask his name.If he be married,
My grave is like
to be my wedding bed. (1.5.141-144)

Juliet's
primary...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...