Monday, June 8, 2009

In a peaceful demonstration, are all members resposible for the few that are violent? In a peaceful demonstration, are all members resposible for the...

How can
anyone ever be responsible for anyone else? If I choose to go to a demonstration and protest,
that's fine.  If you go to a demonstration to protest, that's fine, too.  If you stand next to
me and decide to toss Molotovs around, how am I responsible for that?!? As others have posted, I
may not like nor condone it, but that's different than being responsible for the actions of the
person next to me.  Of course, the violent actions of a few will taint the peaceful assembly of
the many; that is the unfortunate risk you incur when protesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How is Joe McCarthy related to the play The Crucible?

When we read its important to know about Senator Joseph McCarthy. Even though he is not a character in the play, his role in histor...